Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Prayers Needed

I received an email from my sister today that literally stopped me in my tracks. Here I was late to work because I was home with my 11 month old who had both pink eye AND strep throat. Then I get her email about this unimaginably brave young woman named Stephanie and it put my very small problems into perspective.

I am giving you my friend, Stephanie's, website address. www.stephanievest.com. She is the one I told you that was diagnosed with Gamma Delta lymphoma of the skin. She has been through the ringer....kidney problems, dialysis, fluid-filled lungs, feeding tubes, ventilators, congestive heart failure, and last week they found cancer in her liver via a PET scan. She had two diff. forms of chemo. last week, but her liver did not respond to them. Her liver has stopped performing its normal function of ridding her body of toxins and is solely trying to fight the cancer. Thus, her bilirubin is at a 38 and the toxins are going into her body. The average person goes unconscious at a 15, but our Stephanie has been conscious, even singing hymns as her family and friends held a mini church service around her bed yesterday. She even requested bible verses. She also put on her own chapstick yesterday. Jen, she is so amazing and strong, not only as a person but in her faith as well. Please help me pray for a miracle for her. Please pray that God heal her liver, that He rid her body of the cancer and heal her completely, for her husband, Eric, for her to be able to go home and hug her boys, Zach,7 and Cole, 4 and so that her 4.5 month old daughter, Gracie, will be able to know her mommy. My heart is breaking in two for them. At this time, she is in God's hands. So, all we can do is pray, pray, pray.

Please take a moment to pray for her, her family, the doctors, etc. Check out her website too as it is an amazing testimony for her faith.

No comments: